the official darktable macOS packages aren’t codesigned, so that’s the expected behaviour due to macOS security concept

Am 27.06.2023 um 16:22 schrieb Hevii Guy <hevii...@gmail.com>:

Installation on Mac OS 11.7.6...

Not so sure about the new ARM systems but, for those running older Mac OS versions, there is no need to jump through arcane, flaming and razor-studded command line hoops. Simply install the program by double-clicking the dmg. Acknowledge that you can't open it when the troubling dialogue box appears. Immediately afterwards, go to System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. You should then see another dialogue stating "darktable.app was blocked yada, yada..". Select "Open Anyway". Although there might be one more field which you might have to authorise, from then on everything will have "stuck" and you can start the program as you've been accustomed to.

I would be interested to know whether the above continues to apply to Apple's newest OS or if they've created yet another "improvement" which makes users' experiences with their product miserable.

<Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 10.59.00.png>