yes, I think that the embedded jpeg might be broken.

I have fixed the problem.

First, I have upgraded the Nvidia driver to 535, and the issue was still there.

Then I tried a very subtle edit in darkroom, such as moving the Exposure slider a tiny bit, or the color correction saturation, and now the image is displayed correctly in Lighttable.

At the same time, I have upgraded DT to v4.4.2, so far, everything's fine.