Le 24/07/2023 à 15:50, Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* Remco Viëtor <remco.vie...@wanadoo.fr> [07-24-23 09:39]:
On lundi 24 juillet 2023 15:02:24 CEST Patrick Shanahan wrote:
(...)
(concerning build instructions)
the directions in dt's github repository are quite good.

However, what I did miss in them was how to tell the build system which
compiler to use. Not all distributions have the latest GCC as "standard"
version, even when it is available in their repositories.
Hence the need for something like: "export CC=gcc-12; export CXX=g++-12;".

(Would this be something to include in the build instructions, or is it too
much "required knowledge" for those who insist on building from source?)
it is not always necessary but when it is, it is.  it would be a good
addition to the github instructions, imnsho

Yes, yes ! Thanks to Toni and Remco, I could finally install dt 4.4.2, but if it had been written in the build instructions that would have spared time to them.
Er... not sure if I correctly transcribed what I think... I hope...

Rgrds,

J.-Luc