Hi,
I just saw that my message (cited below) got messed up (two copies of it interleaved somehow) though I do hope the content and intention become clear anyway. I do clean up the doublettes in the copy attached below to make it better readable. I deliberately addressed the DT maintainers as that error appears very particular hence other users might not be in the position to debug here. However, if I need to follow another route or use other channels to report such an issue, could you please tell me?
Sincerely
Uwe

Quoting Uwe Falke <fa...@horst.in-chemnitz.de>:

[...]
Dear DT maintainers,

I am facing a reproducible SegFault on navigating into a certain directory in order to import images from a subdirectory therein:
```
Thread 1 "darktable" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff76d594a in wcscoll_l () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
```

Navigating into sister directories of the problematic one works.
The directory can be listed on the command line and does not look broken or otherwise strange. It is also just moderately large:
```
$ ls -l ~/images/2020 | wc -l
241
```

I got an strace and an gdb-generated backtrace of the incident which I could provide to you

Filesystem is ext4
Kernel is 6.7.2-arch1-2 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:22:15 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
```
[ufa@horst3 DT_segfault.20240212]$ darktable -v
darktable 4.6.0
Copyright (C) 2012-2024 Johannes Hanika and other contributors.

Compile options:
   Bit depth              -> 64 bit
   Debug                  -> DISABLED
   SSE2 optimizations     -> ENABLED
   OpenMP                 -> ENABLED
   OpenCL                 -> ENABLED
   Lua                    -> ENABLED  - API version 9.2.0
   Colord                 -> ENABLED
   gPhoto2                -> ENABLED
   GMIC                   -> ENABLED  - Compressed LUTs are supported
   GraphicsMagick         -> ENABLED
   ImageMagick            -> DISABLED
   libavif                -> ENABLED
   libheif                -> ENABLED
   libjxl                 -> ENABLED
   OpenJPEG               -> ENABLED
   OpenEXR                -> ENABLED
   WebP                   -> ENABLED
```

I would be happy to overcome the issue. I had imported images from subdirectories of that problematic one before, so it might be the issue is rooted in the very version of DT I am running at present but without investigation that may-be bug will most likely stay and be in future versions as well. Of course it could also be some certain condition is now with the directory which was not before, but also then DT should not segfault.

Best regards
Uwe
[...]