On 23/02/2024 23:14, Florian Heer wrote:
> On 23/02/2024 21:28, Jean-Luc wrote:
>> Le 20/02/2024 à 11:25, tony Hamilton a écrit :
>>> I'm building dt 4.6.1 following the build procedure in the READMe.MD file on
>>> github as accurately as I am able to - that is I am following every command
>>> line instruction/example given. I'm running Mint 21.3, up to date as of this
>>> morning.
>>>
>> I just gave it a try a few minutes ago with no problem.
>> Ubuntu 22.04.
>> Maybe something weak in your system. :-/
>

> I don't really like to go "same here" usually, but I just had to try. Compiled
> Darktable 4.6.1 on Gentoo just now - no problem.
>
> Sorry to not be actually helpful.

yes, there is something weak in my system: the operator, who has the wrong
level of incompetence.

Problem now solved. Problem was caused by my attempts, from 2 to 4 years ago,
to install lensfun 0.3.95. This left files in /usr/local/lib. I was not aware
of this folder nor of the effects of having irrelevant liblensfun files here
in the search path. Compile completed without error but the resulting build
was not safely executable.