Am 20.03.2011 16:20, schrieb Igor Fedorenko:
> I don't think it really matters, as <dependencyManagement/> overrides
> all dependency versions. I think it is even possible to omit <version/>
> element altogether, which will force all consumers to specify
> <dependencyManagement/> via scope=import or explicitly.

I didn't know about scope=import; that sounds really interesting. This
explains the background:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Importing_Dependencies

That would be a viable solution. The idea not to specify any version at
all (forcing users to specify it) also sounds interesting but I think
that will only work for top dependencies. People will not want to figure
out version 3.1.100 of some core plugin which is pulled in by the 5th
level of dependency resolution when they ask for x.y.z:3.6.2.

I've posted a question on SO to get more ideas:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5371174/importing-eclipse-bundles-into-maven-how-to-map-versions

Regards,

--
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla a.k.a. Philmann Dark "It's not the universe
that's limited, it's our imagination. Follow me and I'll show you