Hi,

Haim Roitgrund wrote:
> Furthermore, all searches so far only yield results, very good results,
> in my home directory and in /usr/share.

My guess is simply that the indexing hasn't finished yet.  If you have a
lot of data, it's going to take some time.

You can use the beagle-index-info tool and check if under Files,
"Indexing: True".  If so, it's still churning away.  You can also check
the ~/.beagle/Log/current-IndexHelper file to see if it is indexing your
files.

That said, it is possible there is an error.  The ~/.beagle/Log files
would tell you if there were errors there as well.

> b. beagled --list-backends
> Current available backends:
> Debug: '/usr/lib/beagle/Backends' is not a directory: Nothing loaded
> from here
>
> There is simply nothing by that name in my filesystem. And I've seen
> references to it, I'm quite sure, on this mailing list. It seems
> important. What should and can I do to set this right?

Beagle has pluggable backends.  The Evolution and Thunderbird backends
are written as pluggable, for example.  They're loaded out of that
directory if it's present.  So the message isn't really an error.

Joe