> > I created a repo a month ago at
> > http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/beagle/testfiles
>
> Do you mean
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/beagle/trunk/testsuite/

Yup. I was writing from memory, sorry.

> I work mainly on the Xapian project, and don't have time to write a
> testsuite for beagle either, but I'd be interested in collaborating to
> build a collection of documents for testing general indexers against.
> What sort of license are those documents under?  Would it be okay to use
> them for testing other pieces of software?

Good question. I took care to not put any private documents but a lot
of the files there are from various places on the web and bugzilla.
Personally I have no problem if anyone uses them. Anyone here to
illuminate what is the right thing to do, I mean legally. Should a
file be removed if it belongs to some xyz project with some licensing
scheme requiring <insert various obstacles>.

- dBera