Thanks Dan. It does look like this may be the problem... I am in fact
using DO 0.10.0. However I'm not sure how to get 0.10.1 - has that
actually been released? 'sudo gem install' produces 0.10.0 for both
data_objects and do_mysql. And when I clone the code from github, I
get 'master' which is also at 0.10.0 released on September 15. I may
be running into the limits of my git knowledge - I can see on the
github network diagram that there is a 'next' tag that is at 0.10.1,
but it doesn't show up in the repo when I clone. What's the right way
to get this?

Mark