Hi all,

I've been working on implementing a GeoKit (http://
geokit.rubyforge.org) plugin for DataMapper, and I've finally made a
public gem release.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/dm-geokit/
http://github.com/mattking17/dm-geokit

There is still some functionality I want to implement, and I'm sure
there will be some bugs. I'm currently starting a project with it and
will be releasing updates as I find issues. I also plan to follow the
dm version numbering if possible to keep things consistent. :-)

dm-geokit requirements:

dm-core >= 0.10.1
dm-aggregates >= 0.10.1
geokit >= 1.5.0

It's been tested working with both Ruby 1.8.6 and 1.9.1. I've only
tested on OS X and Linux, but not Windows.

Here's a simple example:

require 'dm-geokit'
class Location
   include DataMapper::Resource
   include DataMapper::GeoKit
   property :id, Serial
   has_geographic_location :address
end

And to find places:

Location.all(:address.near => {:origin => 'Portland, OR', :distance =>
5.mi})

Any comments, suggestions, etc., please let me know!

-Matt