On 4 Jan 2010, at 16:54, George wrote:

> There is mention of DM's support for ":include => [ :association ]"
> syntax to eager-load related rows.
> (I found it at http://datamapper.org/articles/spotlight_on_laziness.html)

It's is mentioned here that this is the ActiveRecord approach, and this is not
how DataMapper works.

> Has the :include option been deprecated or am I using it incorrectly?
> (Without it I'm getting mutliple queries generated as I loop through
> the list of clients, reading their addresses etc)

The :include option has never existed... If it's correct you will see 4 queries
in this case, one for the clients, one for the notes, one for the
client_addresses and one for the addresses. If this is not what's happening,
please create a script that shows the issue so we can see whether we can fix
SEL for the use case you have.

--
Regards,

Dirkjan Bussink