On Dec 28, 2009, at 1:09 am, Gary Yngve wrote:

> module Enumerable
>  def size
>    size = 0
>    each { size += 1 }
>    size
>  end
> end
>
>      if (data.respond_to?(:lstat) && data.lstat.size >=
> USE_100_CONTINUE_PUT_SIZE) ||
>         (!data.respond_to?(:lstat) && data.respond_to?(:size)  &&
> data.size >= USE_100_CONTINUE_PUT_SIZE)
>        headers['expect'] = '100-continue'
>      end
>
> -Gary

Hi Gary

This one concerns me.  Can you explain why the `!data.respond_to?(:lstat)` has
the effect it does?

Patching this will make it work, but this is clearly not the correct solution.
I suspect the error is in RightAWS S3, by making assumptions about what
responding to :size means - but I haven't thought through it much.

> (who seems to be the king of weird bugs lately)

Thanks for taking the crown =)

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/