On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:40:02 -0800 (PST)
"matt...@bytemark.co.uk" <mebl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> To answer my own question:
>
> DataObjects::Sqlite3::Connection.__pools.clear
>
> makes sure the next Sqlite connection I ask for isn't second-hand.
>
> Having found the answer, Extlib::Pooling seems a great idea.  In this
> instance though, I'm leaning on connection state with temporary views,
> and need to be able to demand a brand new connection.  From this point
> of view, it would be nice to have a "DataMapper.teardown" function
> added to a future version where you could specify a connection to have
> all its resources explicitly released.  Of course it may just be a
> question of documentation, and knowing how to tell auto_upgrade! to
> avoid certain "tables".

Well, you can just call auto_upgrade! on all the models you actually want to
auto_upgrade!, rather than on DataMapper.  This might be a little inconvenient,
depending on the model count, though.  Could you actually pastie the errors you
see, though?  Or at least say how auto_upgrade! messes things up?

Regards
Jon