Hi,

I have some models using single table inheritance (i.e. using
Type::Discriminator etc). Let's say the top level class is called
Toplevel and the models inheriting from that are called ChildA and
ChildB. If I do Toplevel.all I get now objects returned, but doing
ChildA.all and ChildB.all gives me the objects of respective type.

 I want to do things like Top.first(:id => x) to retrieve objects (and
I'd get either ChildA or ChildB objects). I can see why that may not
necessarily be a natural thing to do, but I wanted to check if there
is some use pattern people have for these cases?

Thanks