On Friday, August 24, 2012 1:45:25 AM UTC+2, Rob Dawson wrote:

> Just wondering what the timelines are looking like for the 1.3 release?

It's hard to say. We're busy working on DM2 at the moment. It would be much
easier if our CI server was working which currently blocks the release. As
far as 1.3.0 goes we need to either revert huge refactoring in
dm-validations or fix existing issues. That's also a blocker.

I constantly fail to find time to do those things :(

> In particular I'm interested in seeing the bytea dm-migrations patch make
> it into a public release. Is there anything that requires volunteers/help
> to see a release made?

We could release dm-migrations 1.2.1 with those patches applied. The
problem is that, as I mentioned already, our CI server is broken and
without it it's very hard to make a release.

If you have experience with Jenkins then it would be awesome if you could
help in fixing the setup :)

Another option is to try setting up travis for all DM projects. It's not a
big deal for plugins but it's a bit challenging to set it up for dm-core.
Last time a tried the build exceeded the default timeout when running specs
against mysql. I know that travis sooner or later will use a ramdisk for
mysql which should significantly improve test suite performance - that
should help us. So yeah, it would be even more awesome if somebody could
spend some time to try setting up dm-core on travis.

Cheers!

# solnic