Thx Mr. Lovell,

I did try your approach but unfortunately wasn't successful.

The error was not shown in terminal but was thrown only
into the "gem_make.out". The error message was this one:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
> extconf.rb
> checking for sqlite3.h... no
> *** extconf.rb failed ***
> Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
> necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
> details.  You may need configuration options.
> Provided configuration options:
> --with-opt-dir
> --without-opt-dir
> --with-opt-include
> --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
> --with-opt-lib
> --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
> --with-make-prog
> --without-make-prog
> --srcdir=.
> --curdir
> --ruby=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
> --with-sqlite3-dir
> --without-sqlite3-dir
> --with-sqlite3-include
> --without-sqlite3-include=${sqlite3-dir}/include
> --with-sqlite3-lib
> --without-sqlite3-lib=${sqlite3-dir}/lib

So, the same as before. The only difference was that
it wasn't displayed in the terminal window.

Nevertheless, I really appreciate your answer! :)

Best regards,
- Alex