Hey Everyone,

This is a project being done by a friend. They are looking for help on
getting access to different data sets to use in a financial inclusion
credit tool.

"EFLGlobal is geared towards increasing access to finance by equipping
banks in emerging markets with better tools to understand credit risk.  We
are a for-profit spin-off from a Harvard research initiative  Our
psychometric credit-scoring tool has lowered defaults and dramatically
increased the SME loan portfolios of many of the largest banks in 25
countries across Africa, Latin America, and India."(www.eflglobal.com)

Most entrepreneurs and small businesspersons in India and other emerging
economies are "un-bankable" - they do not have access to the formal
financial sector.  We firmly believe, however, that their are many "hidden
assets" that an entrepreneur in an emerging market can use - we started by
pioneering psychometric credit scoring and now seek to add additional
sources of data to our scoring model to continue to enhance our
predictive algorithms.

*We are seeking partners who can help us understand the following data
sources in India and other emerging markets:*

*1. Social Data* - Look at what variables from the social web can help
understand payment risk.

*2. Mobile* - Explore how pre-paid mobile usage, airtime top up patterns,
and voice and SMS usage are predictive of credit risk and ability to pay.

*3. GIS* - we have (fuzzy) address or GPS coordinates for bank applicants
and seek to layer this data set with secondary data including point of
interest data (e.g. distance from market), block and administrative level
data. Market research companies have traditionally pioneered in this area
and we particular we are hopeful about improvements in being able to
geo-code fuzzy addresses, we are seeking those with geo-coding ability and
access to data sets beyond census data (e.g. Pitney Bowes insights, axiom)"

*Disclaimer: All of the data is for internal R&D and will not be sold to
any other parties.*
*
*
Let me know offline if you are interested in finding out more.

Nisha

--
Nisha Thompson
Mobile: 962-061-2245