Dear Anand,

I don't mind sharing at all, have sent you a private email (attachment
is too long for the googlegroup),

Best,
Raphael

On 09.01.2014 10:48, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Raphael Susewind
> <m...@raphael-susewind.de <mailto:m...@raphael-susewind.de>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Anand,
>
>     I should probably first read properly then respond... If you are not
>     after the GIS data per se, you should be able to get the data in either
>

> Dear  Raphael,
>
> Thanks for your inputs. Yes, i'm not looking for GIS data. As of now, I
> just want the list of polling stations and their constituencies. More
> information like, number of voters, polling percentage in last elections
> etc. will be valuable too.
>
>     a) the Form 20 returns of past elections on each CEO site
>
>     b) [perhaps more useful] the "Download Electoral Roll as PDF" databases
>     of each CEO - you don't have to scrape the actual PDFs but could just
>     use the information in the dropdown lists they usually use
>

> I don't mind scraping a website or two, but doing that for every state
> is too much of work as each website is completely different.
>
> If you have id, name and constituency for all polling booths, I would
> love to have a look at it. Would you mind sharing it?
>
> Anand
>
> --
> For more details about this list
> http://datameet.org/discussions/

Raphael Susewind | BGHS Bielefeld University, CSASP University of Oxford
      Snail Mail | Melanchthonstr. 4a, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
   Papers & Blog | http://www.raphael-susewind.de

Please do consider http://www.gnupg.org for encryption (key id A5ED49AE)