Venkata, the name of the location IS part of the dataset, as also a
classification (by the respondent) whether the location is Rural or Urban.
Aggregated at a Taluk/District level, yes, urbanization level is definitely
something we could infer.
The Survey is run by Daksh <http://www.dakshindia.org>, an NGO from
Bangalore. Funding is from individual contributors and from
ADR<http://www.adrindia.org>,
one of the prime movers in election reform in India. Daksh as a society is
completely non-partisan in terms of political loyalties. Our only interest
is to use the Survey as a means to raise the level of public debate, from
Individuals to Issues.
All data in the past has been available for the asking. So in that sense,
yes, it is public. In this case, given the volume of the data and local
sensitivities to some of the questions, the complete dataset will only be
available after some weeks - in all probability, immediately after the
elections. Inferences and aggregations will be published beginning two
weeks from now.