On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Kishore (Narasimhan) Mandyam <
kish...@dakshindia.org> wrote:

> Daksh is currently conducting a Nationwide in-field survey about people's
> perceptions about their MPs. We're talking to nearly 2.5 lakh (that's
> 250,000!) people in nearly 10,000 locations, in over 500 MP constituencies.
> The math works out to about 500 responses in each Constituency - stratified
> and randomized enough to give an analyst a fairly clear picture of what
> people are thinking. The data consists of 10 demographic details (gender,
> rural/urban resident, religion, occupation, qualification, roof-type,
> assets owned, etc.), four "political awareness" points ("Did you vote..?",
> "What are the reasons you vote for a candidate?" and so on) and upto 30
> issue-based Performance questions (bijli / sadak / paani kinds of things).
> Respondents tell us how important they think a specific issue is (Low /
> Medium / High) AND how well they think their MP has done in that specific
> issue. We've done thins kind of thing for Karnataka MLAs before and one of
> the more populist results was a series of MLA Scorecards that appeared
> pre-election in Vijay Karnataka, Indian Express and Times of India in 2013.

FYI :

Code of above analysis is available at:-
https://github.com/nkhare/DataAnalysis/tree/master/daksh

Though it might not be the final one as I don't recall whether we pushed
it to github or not but could be a good starting point, as it looks not much
has been changed in the OMR sheet.

Neependra
www.neependra.net

--