On 2 March 2014 14:27, Thejesh GN <i...@thejeshgn.com> wrote:
[...]
> My focus is to deliver bangalore data through API. that includes location
> based query too
> - For example given lat, long what are the nearest bus stops.
> - Given a lat, long what are the nearest schools
> - Given a lat, long whats the AC, PB and WARD
> etc
>
> There are the things that can be consumed by an app directly.

OK, that makes sense. GIS queries are expensive though, and we
will have to worry about how best to handle these.

If you can check out CKAN, I will start articulating our ideas on
how to crowd-source data-import from poorly-structured CSV/Excel
files which unfortunately seems to be the preferred format for many
data sites.

Regards,
Gora

--