I am very excited to show you all a poc (http://openbangalore.org/maps/)
which does GIS purely in Javascript.

I always wanted a way to do contains (check if a given point is inside a
polygon) call in browser. This morning I stumbled http://terraformer.io an
open source projectby ESRI. Which provides some of those functionalities in
Javascript. I hope they continue to develop it.

In the poc you can find your ward by clicking on the map or by searching or
by GPS. I will probably add some more features. I was quite excited to show
you all specially because we have a GIS related hackathon this weekend.

POC: http://openbangalore.org/maps/
Libraies: http://terraformer.io and Leaflet n Leaflet plugins.

I will write a blog post later but as of now you can check the code at
https://github.com/openbangalore/whereami

Thej
--
Thejesh GN *⏚* ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್