Hi all,

apropos Anand Doshi's  https://gist.github.com/anandpdoshi/9448203 -
does somebody have the same table including AC constituency ID codes
(rather than just names)?

Best,
Raphael

On 14.03.2014 03:09, Siddarth Raman wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> Thanks, but the csv link me only has the PC to AC mapping (still
> awesomely useful!).
>
> Also hoping for ward level details. My intent isn't necessarily focused
> on Voter Rolls. It's on the larger census data itself. What % of the
> population is enrolled at the PC (or AC or Ward) level? Was looking to
> calculate that data, and then overlay voter enrollment data on top as
> and when required.
>
> Regards,
> Siddarth
>
> On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:47:14 AM UTC+5:30, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
>

>     On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Anand Chitipothu
>     <anand...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>

>         On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Siddarth Raman
>         <thridda...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>             Hi All,
>
>             In line with the discussions on elections, this is something
>             I'd started working on a while back (and dropped). I was
>             essentially hoping for a PC to AC to Ward mapping. As far as
>             I understand, census 2011 has population data either at the
>             level of the ward or the district, so if we had to run even
>             rudimentary data analysis on a parliamentary or assembly
>             constituency (like total population) accurately, I'm
>             guessing we need to go bottom up.
>
>             I had started this by attempting to
>             convert
> http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/CurrentElections/CONSOLIDATED_ORDER%20_ECI%20.pdf
>
> <http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/CurrentElections/CONSOLIDATED_ORDER%20_ECI%20.pdf>
>  into
>             excel (using a mixture of pattern matching in notepad++ and
>             a bit of excel vb). It's time consuming (largely because
>             each state follows its own convention - not standardized)
>
>             Any suggestions on how one might go about this? If I wanted
>             to estimate the population in a parliamentary constituency,
>             or the total households, or the urban/rural split, how would
>             I go about it? Is there a better method than looking at the
>             above demarcation notification? Are there datasets on this
>             already?
>
>             New to the group, didn't find any prior discussions on
>             Parliamentary to Assembly to Ward/Village demarcations.
>

>         Hi Siddarth,
>
>         The voter list PDFs have the ward info for each polling booth.
>         The PDFs have the number of voter, but not the population. So it
>         possible to sum up those number to get a count of number of
>         voters in a PC or AC.
>
>         If you want polling  booth to ward mapping, I'll be able to
>         provide it.
>

>     btw, Anand Doshi has already parsed that PDF. The results are
>     available at:
>
>     https://gist.github.com/anandpdoshi/9448203
>     <https://gist.github.com/anandpdoshi/9448203>
>
>     Anand
>     P.S: uff, so many Anands on this list
>
> --
> For more details about this list
> http://datameet.org/discussions/

Raphael Susewind | BGHS Bielefeld University, CSASP University of Oxford
      Snail Mail | Melanchthonstr. 4a, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
   Papers & Blog | http://www.raphael-susewind.de

Please do consider http://www.gnupg.org for encryption (key id A5ED49AE)