Here is what I could figure:

The layers are defined in the javascript :
https://gist.github.com/thejeshgn/fe9853115b2b7cbc7d50#file-cluster-json

And it is displayed using the Javascript
https://gist.github.com/thejeshgn/fe9853115b2b7cbc7d50#file-mapviewer-js

All the layers of type GOOGLE_MAPS_ENGINE
And when you check the map viewer code, it creates an object of
*google.maps.visualization.MapsEngineLayer* to display the maps,
documentation of which is at

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/mapsenginelayers

With the following note:

*The MapsEngineLayer constructs tiles server-side and returns the tiles to
the client. Use this class if you don't want to re-style the Maps Engine
data on the client side.*

I did check the response to confirm, here is one of the tile:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.thejeshgn.com/img/screenshot/tiles.png

*What we can do:*

On the same page using inspector construct DynamicMapsEngineLayer

*The DynamicMapsEngineLayer (experimental) returns vector data to your
client, along with the base map tiles. Your application can change the
vectors' styling in response to user input or other triggers.
(The DynamicMapsEngineLayer class is not supported in Internet Explorer 8
and below.)*

And then on the client side download it.?? Not sure if this reverse
engineering works. Its not a bad idea to try.

Thej
--
Thejesh GN *⏚* ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com