Dear Shafeeq,

As you are looking for village-level data, you will have to work with
Census data. NSSO data, being sample data and not full-enumeration, is only
representative at the level of state-regions (a cluster of districts).

I remember seeing village/ULB level data for Census 2001. Will check and
let you know which series/table may contain that.

Bests,

riju

sumandro
ajantriks.net