Hi,

This is interesting. Part of what we discuss at Datameet is the
infrastructure and also access to infrastructure data.

But it's important to keep these resources together and make it available
through existing established platforms like OpenStreetMap -
http://openstreetmap.com. This is heavily dependent on the license the
dataset is attached to but it doesn't hurt to talk.

If communitygis.in is only a place to store these datasets, I recommend we
use Datameet's github repository for this. We have been also storing data
on archive.org. This ensures easy access and leverages existing
infrastructure, reducing the dependency on a small group of individuals.

Happy to talk more about this.

Cheers,
Sajjad.

Sajjad Anwar http://geohacker.in <http://sajjad.in/>