Hi,

I have been doing a lot of dabbling with a lot of data and have collected
several datasets.

IMO The best free source for India districts is right here and is created
by Datameet members I think Devdatta was the main member involved

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/datameet/districts/datameet/MQXzmYvC1hE/fzAgBmM8IdsJ