Hi Nikhil,

most likely the flash application loads something like a JSON (or CSV,
if they are bad programmers ;-) ) from a specified API address. Use a
network sniffer to intercept the traffic that the flashplayer generates,
and see whether you can replicate the API.

If you are lucky, you will see HTTP requests to an URL along the lines
of http://schoolgis.nic.in/state_x/data.json?school=0000001 to
000014986. In that case, you can then manually scrape the JSON files (if
need be by emulating a flashplayer's HTTP headers, though I doubt that
they check for this).

If you are unlucky, its a more complex API - some stateful frontends for
SQL databases can be very nasty to replicate, for instance. One brute
force kind of solution in such cases would be to write a custom proxy
server (there are python/perl/... modules for this) - i.e. a kind of
customized sniffer - and route your browser traffic through this, then
automate the browser (again, there are plugins for firefox and chrome
that have corresponding python or perl interfaces), and intercept the
traffic generated. That's the solution I found to scrape polling station
localities from the ECI server (before they put a bold copyright
disclaimer on it - now this kind of scraping would probably be illegal -
so do check these issues as well).

Let us know what you find out about the API,

Best of luck,
Raphael

On 21.05.2016 11:43, Nikhil VJ wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> is their any way to extract data from such a flash player platform...as
> follows...
>
> schoolgis.nic.in <http://schoolgis.nic.in/>
>
> --regards,
> Nikhil VJ
> Pune

Dr Raphael Susewind | Associate, Contemporary South Asia Studies, Oxford
         Snail Mail | Melanchthonstr. 4a, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
      Web & Twitter | https://www.raphael-susewind.de | @RaphaelSusewind
             Impact | https://impactstory.org/raphael-susewind

Please consider https://www.gnupg.org for encryption (key id 10AEE42F)