Hi,
I have been a BMTC ITS app user, and I don't find this app adding any value
to my daily commute to work and back. Many buses are not registered in the
app. I have checked this personally. Unless the system is full-fledged and
includes all buses, and the staff is educated enough to operate it (many
buses have the equipment but that was dysfunctional for some reason) this
is not going to help those keen on public transport. The data will not be
great as many people would have got turned off by the non-helping nature of
the app and the UI that's not very convenient to use. Feedback given to
BMTC goes into a blackhole. I had high hopes on this app but it's such a
turn off for me.
- Shree

On 5 August 2016 at 06:04, srinivas kodali <iota.kod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what we have been doing so far to engage with BMTC regarding its
> new ITS system and requesting them to host a public consultation regarding
> their data policy.
>
> http://datameet.org/2016/08/05/bmtc-intelligent-transportation-system-its-
> open-transport-data/
>
> Its been 2 months since the ITS system has been officially announced ready
> and according to the tender document, they would be carrying out Evaluation
> & Monitoring of the system. We have requested to be part of this monitoring
> process as we are interested in making sure the system works without any
> flaws.
>
> BMTC is spending 1-2 crore as maintenance every month, with appropriate
> open source tools we could bring it slightly down and also make sure it is
> working smoothly. We asked several questions regarding this and expected
> they answered us, unfortunately we might have to file RTIs as the response
> from BMTC has been thin so far.
>
> Regards,
> Srinivas Kodali
> www.lostprogrammer.com

-------
Cheers,

*Shree | Associate Editor | *
*Oorvani Foundation**Citizen Matters <http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in> -
Bangalore's own online news magazine*
Bangalore | Tel: +91-80-4173 7584 | Mobile: +91-95909 35559
Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/citizenmatters> | Follow us on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/citizenmatters>