Hi Naveen, thanks for sharing this.

We are big fans of Datameet and were planning to post about our new dataset
here as well.

The SHRUG (spatial high resolution rural-urban geographic data platform for
India) is at heart a backbone of village and town identifiers that
consistently link together population census units from 1991 to 2011 and
economic census units from 1990 to 2013.  This backbone makes it very easy
to link datasets from anywhere in this period, since most data can usually
be linked to at least one of these censuses.

We have also aggregated and included a whole host of data that we collected
in our research over the years. This includes:
- aggregate non-farm employment counts from the Economic Censuses
(1990-2013)
- demographic and village/town public goods variables from the Population
Censuses (1991-2011)
- average village consumption and share of workers in agriculture from the
2012 SECC
- remote sensed forest cover and night lights
- road completion data from PMGSY
- all these same data aggregated to legislative constituencies and matched
to election results and candidate affidavits with criminality, assets and
liabilities.

We plan to continue to develop and add data to this platform. We have also
tried to structure it in a way so that other researchers and data
enthusiasts can easily share their own data with SHRUG identifiers, making
it more available to the rest of the community. (Though any data posted
with census identifiers can also be readily linked to SHRUG).

We hope that people both find this to be a useful tool and contribute to
SHRUG. We also welcome feedback, suggestions or bug reports at
feedb...@devdatalab.org.

Regards,

Paul