Hi all,

I am aware that the last three censuses are availiable online even at the
village/town level for most questions but what about for the previous
censuses? Are you aware of census data being digitized at least at the
district level? Most important to me is get the distribution by religion
and whatever categorization of caste is available (whether it be SC/ST/OBC
or specific jatis for the earlier censuses).

Alternatively, do you know of a repository with the census data perhaps for
the earlier ones. I have found some here and there with varying degrees of
completeness and I was wondering if any of you have come across a more
comprehensive collection.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best,

Eduardo