Hi Gufran and Digvijay,

You can get the pdf copy of maps from the following portal:
https://mrsac.gov.in/MRSAC/map/map

you can either import pdf in AutoCAD and separate the admin boundary layers
> georeference them > and convert them to shapefile. your digitisation
effort will be saved if the pdf has vector elements in it.

for Karnataka State there is a portal where you can find Admin boundary
upto Town, wards and village level:
https://kgis.ksrsac.in/kgis/downloads.aspx#

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 7:08 AM Gufran Pathan <m.gufranpat...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I am trying to digitize ward boundaries for the city of Akola
> (Maharashtra) - create shape files so that I can visualize them along with
> associated data. I'm reaching out to get some guidance on how one would go
> about doing this? What does the process look like at a high-level? Does one
> get physical / PDF copies of the map with boundaries and then 'digitize'
> it? What tools are typically used in the digitization process? Is it
> largely a manual activity (does one need to manually draw the boundaries on
> a tool using the reference)?
>
> I'd love any guidance and further readings that would help me with this.
>
> Thanks,
> Gufran

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/5231d38d-12a5-4563-b2c2-0c4a449923f0n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/5231d38d-12a5-4563-b2c2-0c4a449923f0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Warm Regards,

*Ar. Akshit Shah*
Associate - Research Service, Cushman & Wakefield India
M.Tech (Infra), IIT KGP | B.Arch, VNIT Nagpur
+91 80077 62247
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/Ar-Akshit-Shah>* | *Cushman &
Wakefield India
<http://www.cushmanwakefield.co.in/en-gb/research-and-insight>