> Good question.  I could maintain the pure Perl code as well, but it's kind
> of a pain.  I think that if the DateTime project is to succeed, speed will
> count, so I'm kind of leaning towards just requiring XS, which I know is a
> pain for some OS's

You don't think that will cut into broad acceptance?  I think ideally
DateTime could be treated as a base Perl data type, but I worry about
module authors adopting it for internal use if it adds an XS dependency.
At least until DT ships in the core.

Might it be possible to learn something from the way XML::SAX offers a
PurePerl impl?

kellan

--
"we reject kings, presidents and voting. we believe in
rough consensus and running code." [david clark (MIT)]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]