> back and forth between just making seconds a floating point number and
> having an explicit sub-second (nano/milli/zetto/groucho-seconds) slot in
> the object.

I cast my 2 cents for floating point, because its what I've seen used and
its easier to work with.  But I think either is a good solution.  I think
HH::MM::SS.nnn (for an abritrary number of n's) is the way to go.

> Absolutely.  The API will basically work like this, I think:
>
>  parse_foo - where foo is datetime, duration, interval, recurrence
>
>  format_foo - same deal

Cool, so we should be on the look out for DT::Interval, and
DT::Recurrence?

> I'm not sure how much value there is in [a Format base class].  A simple
> API document might be just as useful.

Its good OO methodology which tends to repeat its own rewards, often when
least expected.  I mentioned in a previous email that strftime() could
pontentially be passed a Format object, in which case it would be nice to
make sure that the blessed ref we're dealing is indeed a descendent of
Format. (just an example)

kellan

--
"the truth is always revolutionary" [antonio gramsci]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]