On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Rick Measham wrote:
>> DateTime::Event::Easter doesn't use DateTime::Calendar::Julian unless you
>> ask for Eastern (Orthodox) Easter. However one of the test suites requires
>> it to test Eastern known Easters (t/07eastknown.t).
>>
>> Should I:
>> 1) Force everyone to have ::Julian even if they aren't going to use Orthodox
>> Easter?

On 1/4/03 12:01 pm, Dave Rolsky at [EMAIL PROTECTED] spake thus:
> Yes.  This should probably be a module prereq since otherwise major
> functionality isn't available.

But *is* it major functionality? I hazard to guess that most people will not
be interested in Orthodox Easter.

But on the other hand if I want to argue that, maybe I should also argue for
splitting the module:

DateTime::Event::Easter - same API as the current module only it calls:
DateTime::Event::Easter::Western
DateTime::Event::Easter::Orthodox

::Easter.pm would be installed by both the sub modules. If ::Orthodox is
installed and not ::Western then the default Easter for ::Easter would
change to be Orthodox.

Maybe this will lead to more problems. Maybe ::Easter is just a directory
containing Western.pm and Orthodox.pm and there's no Easter.pm

My thinking is that it would annoy me as an end user to have to install a
module for functionality I don't want. If its kept as one, then maybe there
should be a croak inside the module saying 'You will need to install
::Julian if you want to work with Orthodox Easter'

Cheers!
Rick

             There are 10 kinds of people:
   those that understand binary, and those that don't.
   The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck
     is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners