There is absolutely no reason you should feel compelled to offer the full
DateTime.pm interface.  Offer what makes sense for _your_ calendar.
The Julian calendar is actually a really _bad_ example for other calendar
module authors, because it's API is almost identical to the Gregorian
calendar (DateTime.pm).  Most other calendars will have a greater
departure from the DateTime.pm API.

So what about the Calendar that I just wrote: It gives you Japanese eras, and that's pretty much the only additional feature over DateTime.

Since nothing really changes in the way dates or time are counted, I just thought that it would be easier if it just inherited from DateTime instead of implementing each method like the Julian Calendar.

Was that a bad thing to do?

--d