Hi Dan,

> * Hill, Ronald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> shaped the
> electrons to say...

> > Not my HPUX box. I'm running 10.20 and the HP ANSI C compiler
> > I tried the make test and here is a listing of the errors
>
> Of course they would have to change it between 10.20 and 11.00/11i
>
> I unfortunately don't have a 10.20 box to test on.
>
> What does a 'man finite' get you?
>
> -D

I did a man on finite here are the results:

DESCRIPTION
      The finite() function is recommended by the IEEE-754 standard for
      floating-point arithmetic.

      finite() returns 1 only when -INFINITY < x < +INFINITY.  Otherwise, it
      returns 0 (that is, when x is +-INFINITY or x is NaN).

      finitef() is a float version of finite(); it takes a float argument.
      To use this function, compile either with the -Ae option or with the
      -Aa and -D_HPUX_SOURCE options.  Otherwise, the compiler promotes the
      float argument to double, and the function returns incorrect results.

      finitef() is not specified by any standard, but it is named in
      accordance with the conventions specified in the "Future Library
      Directions" section of the ANSI C standard.

I hope this helps

Ron Hill