On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Tim Bunce wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 06:59:17PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:
> >
> > > > True. Though it'll be so commonly used I think it deserves a constructor.
> > >
> > > Ditto.  It would also be nice if it defaults to current TZ instead of a
> > > floating time.  The same for ->now.
> >
> > Actually, both ->now and ->today default to UTC, because they use
> > Time::Local::timegm internally.
>
> I would regularly need either of those so I think I'd like
> to see constructors for those four common forms. Perhaps:
>
>       now_local()
>       now_utc()
>       today_local()
>       today_utc

Why not have the constructors take any timezone as an argument?

->now( 'utc' )

or

->now( timezone => 'local' )

or even

->now( timezone => 'floating' )

If no arguments are specified you get still get UTC.

Cheers,

-J

--

Reply via email to