On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Matt Sisk wrote:

> The docs say go here:
>
> ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/
>
> But it has been inaccessible over the last few days. I can't build the DateTime
> suite properly!

Hmm, worked for me.  And of course, if you install DateTime::TimeZone from
CPAN there's no need to get the Olson DB.

> Is there a workaround besides editing Makefile.PL? Will the availability of the
> Olson archive always be in the critical path of DateTime installation?

It's not in the critical path of installation.

> To be clear, I certainly think having up-to-date info from the Olson db is a
> good idea, but I'm not sure how I feel about the installation process not having
> a nice workaround for when we are forced to retrieve the Olson data at a later date.

Well, my plan is to release new versions of DateTime::TimeZone whenever
there's an Olson DB update.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com