On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

> I think you probably never got the original email with this patch (it
> was sent while you reported having difficulties).  The general idea was
> to do something like the following and then update the calendar docs so
> nanosecond precision is always preserved in a conversion.

Actually, I saw this but couldn't figure out how it differed from the
existing code, at least in the from_object method.

We certainly can't assume, at this point, that all modules that have a
utc_rd_values method will return nanoseconds, _even_ if they do have a
nanosecond method.

We should probably update the dev docs about calendar modules to specify
how nanoseconds are handled for modules which don't care (presumably, they
should preserve them internally), and _then_ I can apply something sort of
like this.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com