Okay, I have renamed the module to DateTime::Format::Common and I am
getting ready to check in the rough version I have.

However I have a few questions I want to get resolved first:

 1) Will DateTime 0.14 be the first release with locale support?  If
    so, when will you be bumping the version number (do you usually do
    that just before release?)  I need that version of DateTime as a
    dependency.

 2) Can I add the sub _date_parts_order to the locales?  I have the
    patch to generate_from_icu that does this if you want to see it.

Longer term questions (these can be resolved after an initial
checkin):

 3) I think I need to have additional per-locale information
    (i.e. AD/BC, AM/PM and now, today, and +- infinity).  While AD/BC
    and AM/PM are in the current locale files I don't think they are
    in a useful form since there are too many permissible variations.

    So, I propose to per-locale additional information.  However, I am
    not sure if it makes sense to augment the DT::Locale files or to
    have a separate DT::F::C::Locale tree.  It might be wise to allow
    for additional day and month name variations too.  Obviously it
    should default to the DT::Locale stuff whenever possible.

Thoughts?

                   -ben