On Mon, 12 Aug 2003, Rick Measham wrote:

> Attached is the above module. Unless there's strenuous objections I'll
> CPAN it. I just wish for this and for ::Alias that we could hook in
> better without messing with the internals.
>
> While I'm thinking of it, I'd like to be able to set names and
> short-names for offsets. I have a list of short names in Strptime, but
> I've love to be able to get these back from TimeZone somehow. Just like
> we do with Olsen (or is it Olson, one's the twins, one's the time, can't
> ever remember which!).

I like the idea, but the longitude needs to be settable per object, not
just for the whole class.  Otherwise two modules couldn't both use this
one!

This also makes the whole name thing moot, since the object would always
return LMT for the name.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com