Dave Rolsky wrote:
No, because there's plenty of timezones for every offset.  For example, at
-08:00 base offset from UTC we have America/Los_Angeles, America/Juneau,
America/Whitehorse, America/Dawson, America/Tijuana, and
America/Vancouver.

So which one of those corresponds to -8 hours?

It would be useful to be able to return a list of corresponding timezones, then the user could use whatever means they felt appropriate to select from the list (the application, I imagine, would be the determining factor in what this would be used for)

Matt