On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

> > I assume Perl uses these internally, so if none of them are defined, that
> > may cause problems.
>
> I think isnan is only used for <=>.  isinf doesn't seem to be used at
> all.  I think these aren't widely enough available for perl to make
> substantial use of them.

Ok, then I have no idea what's going on.  I glanced at the Perl NaN/Inf
stuff and it didn't really give me any clue as to why it would work some
places and not others.  Maybe it's simply a case of needing more
cross-platform tests.  Looking at the test suite, there doesn't seem to be
much testing of this.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com