On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Hill, Ronald wrote:

> I check the build results for the current perl version
>
> for DateTime
>
> failed building DateTime prerequisite DateTime-Locale
> aborting build of DateTime: failed prerequisites
>
> Checked results for DateTime-locale
>
> failed building DateTime-Locale prerequisite YAML
> aborting build of DateTime-Locale: failed prerequisites

DT::Locale doesn't need YAML!  WTF?!

It includes a META.yml file, courtesy of Module::Build, but so do many
other modules.

> I checked the Module::Build status and it is listed as
> fail. (no reason why)

This may be the real problem.

> I also noticed that some of the modules in DateTime use
> module-build and others use the MakeMaker method.
> Which one should we use? Is there a standard?

Well, I think Module::Build is definitely the way to go, but I don't want
to force anyone to use it.  I've used it for most of my modules on CPAN,
with the exception of DateTime.pm and older ones I've not yet converted.
I've been meaning to convert DateTime.pm as well, though I may wait til
the XS compilation pieces of Module::Build are known to work on Win32.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com