I intend to write a French-speaking website about my
topic of interest and my module DT::C::FrenchRevolutionary.
There will be a History part and a Perl part.
The website will be hosted by our organisation
"les Mongueurs de Perl".

For this Perl part, I want to provide translations
of various DateTime module PODs and also translations
of some pages from http://datetime.perl.org/, such
as the FAQ.

First question: what about copyright? I plan to
write something like (taking Ben's FAQ as an example):

English original version: copyright 2003 Ben Bennett
French translation: copyright 2004 Jean Forget and les Mongueurs de Perl
Distributed under the same terms as Perl.

Do you agree with that? (answer in private if you think it will
not interest the list, or on the list if you think it will).

Second question: maybe somebody else has already translated
some PODs. May I reuse it? Under which copyright / distribution /
license terms?

Note that the History part will be written both French and translated
in English. But that is on the long term, don't hold your breath...

And a last remark: I cannot access http://datetime.perl.org. Is it
down?

Jean Forget

--
And now we have the World Wide Web (the only thing I know of
whose shortened form --- www --- takes three times longer to say than