At 9:33 am -0700 2004-08-30, Jonathan Leffler wrote:
Dear Rick,

I just tried to install DateTime::Format::Strptime 1.06 (with Perl 5.8.5
on Sun Solaris 8 - not that I think that is relevant).  I get a test
failure on test 85 of t/006_locales.t...
--snip--
It looks like the test is trying to use February 30th.  My impression is
that the problem is in the test, not the module being tested.
--snip--
- my $dt = DateTime->now( locale => $locale )->set( month => $month );
+ my $dt = DateTime->now( locale => $locale )->set( month => $month, day => 23 );

Dave, this looks more like an error in DateTime ... shouldn't setting the month work like adding a month and have it roll over ... or better shouldn't it truncate it to the month length?

It's easy for me to get rid of the error in the test, but my thought is that the error shouldn't occur.

Cheers!
Rick

            There are 10 kinds of people:
  those that understand binary, and those that don't.
  The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck
    is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners
"Write a wise proverb and your name will live forever."
   -- Anonymous