On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Dave Rolsky wrote:

What I'd really like to see is some way to query both single events and recurring events within a given timeframe, all in one query that returns a sorted array of occurrences.

Specifically, I'm interested in offering a meetup.com-alike service through VegGuide.Org, and I want to be able to store both one-off events (veg food giveaway, May 4 @ UMN) and recurrences (dineout on the 1st Saturday of each month) and be able to simply pull a given span's events (all the events in May, 2005).