On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Loo, Peter # PHX wrote:

I tried using DateTime.pm, however, it was costing me about 11 seconds
for every 5,000 rows so I ended up using Time::Local and the localtime
that came with Perl.  Here is my sample code:

If by rows your mean from a DBMS, you'd probably get the best performance by doing your date math in the DBMS itself, as part of the SELECT.

Actually, a good general rule is that doing things in the DBMS is going to be faster than doing it in Perl.