That is an option, just thought that since DateTime::Format::Strptime
already provides a function for time_zone it would make sense for all things
parsed or formatted be done in respect to that time_zone.

Like I said I already have a class that takes care of this, my own subclass
of DateTime::Format::Strptime.  I was just trying to suggest the feature to
be added to DateTime::Format::Strptime itself.

When I do this:
my $Strp = new DateTime::Format::Strptime(
     pattern => '%T',
     locale => 'en_AU',
     time_zone => 'Australia/Melbourne',
);

I expect all data in and data out (parsed and formatted) of the object $Strp
be in respect to time_zone 'Australia/Melbourne'.

I didn't want the current functionality of DateTime::Format::Strptime to
change which is why I suggested the 'format_with_time_zone' option.

If I'm way off base about this, no biggie I'll just keep using my subclass.
Just thought the feature might help more people than just me.

-Kevin